Did you know that you can repair car dents without the need for repainting job or fillers?
Unknown to many, paintless dent removal is one way to remove the dings in your car, no matter how small or big it is. As long as the paint is intact, the dent is not on the edge of the panel and is not caused by an accident, you can resolve this dent-dilemma in as fast as one hour — thanks to PDR!
Paintless dent removal has been invented in the 1960’s but has only become popular later on. Cars are not the only ones that can benefit from it but also motorbikes, vans, and other vehicles.
So what’s so special about it?
Unlike other auto body shop services, paintless dent repair will only require a few special tools, such as a set of rods. It works by literally massaging the back of the car until it’s back to its original factory form. This reduces the risk of damaging the paint of your car and the environment since it’s not using any harsh chemicals.
While “As Seen On TV” devices are widely available, this technique is best left to an expert. PDR is like an art and science combined and it takes expertise to come out with the best result. The paintless dent repair gains access through door opening and small access holes. Technicians may also remove interior trim and other components to effectively repair the dented area. Once the access is successful, the PDR expert will start to massage the panel back until the dent is removed and the car is back to its original state.
If you’re new to this method and you’re looking to a more viable option to fix the dents in your car, here are some of the advantages of paintless dent repair you can consider:
1. PDR is cost-efficient. It is relatively cheaper compared to other auto body services since it doesn’t use other materials like filler, paint, etc. Also, since most technicians are on full mobile, there’s no need for a proper auto body shop, thus reducing the overhead cost.
2. With PDR, you are saving the value of your car since there’s no risk of damaging or removing its paint. There’s no risk of applying mismatched color while ensuring that your car will be back to its original state.
3. If you’re in a rush, a paintless dent repair is an ideal option to remove dents and dings. Most service can be done in less than an hour, meaning, you can use your car immediately and there’s no need to rent or ride another vehicle.
4. Since most PDR experts are on full mobile, you can ask them to repair your car in your own home. Or, if you’re working, their team can fix your car in your workplace. Talking about convenience!
5. No insurance? No problem! Most paintless dent repairs are cheaper compared to an insurance excess so there’s no need to make an insurance claim at all.
6. As mentioned, it’s environmentally-friendly since there’s no need to use the harsh chemicals from fillers, paint, etc.